We have an exciting job opportunity available, please read below to see the details.
The CAPACES Leadership Institute (CLI) was established in July of 2011 to prepare emerging leaders in the Latina/o communities of the Mid-Willamette Valley to lead community-based non-profits and for public service. In Spanish, CAPACES means both “we are capable” and “capabilities”. The acronym stands for Colaboración Adelantando a Personal de Apoyo para Capacitarnos, Enlazarnos y Solidarizarnos (Collaborative Assisting Personnel to Advance our Capacity, Engagement and Solidarity). However, the work began as a project out of PCUN, one of our sister organizations, back in 2003.
The CAPACES Leadership Institute was founded to prepare leaders with the political consciousness and skills needed to lead and support social justice work. We envision a Latina/o community with equitable leadership representation in all sectors that is working to address social disparities. Our guiding values are commitment, courage, humility, equity and justice, sacrifice, and sustainability.
CLI Program Support Specialist
Employment Status: Temporary Full-time
Reports to: Jaime Arredondo, Executive Director
Compensation: $17 per hour
Weekly hours: Average of 30
Work Timeline: Approximately 6 months (April-October)
Summary of Position:
The CLI Program Support Specialist is responsible for providing logistical, data collection, communications, and general coordination support to the following program areas of the organization: Alianza Poder, People’s Representatives, 7 Dimensions, Special Projects, and Administration.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Alianza Poder- Support
- Coordinate quarterly mass gatherings (program development, communications, logistics, data collection and inputting)
- Coordinate logistics for special events (visits, tours)
- Attend and take notes for the Leadership Council meetings
- Attend and take notes for ad-hoc leaders meetings to strategize about funding opportunities and partnerships
People’s Representatives- Support
- Coordinate logistics for program activities (food and beverage, preparation of materials, set-up, clean-up)
- Collect program participant data (attendance, registration, evaluations) and ensure data is inputed in the CLI’s Community Data Link system.
- Document program activity via photo and video
- Assist with program outreach, follow-up, and general communications as needed
7 Dimensions- Lead Coordinator
- Coordinate the communications of program logistics to participants (lodging, food, transportation)
- Coordinate logistics for program activities (materials, food & beverage, entertainment, set-up, clean-up, staff roles)
- Coordinate the collection of program participant data (registration, attendance, evaluations) and ensure data is inputted in the CLI’s Community Data Link system.
- Manage program budget
Special Projects- Lead Coordinator
- Coordinate communications to the participants of the CAMBIO/CLI’s Non-Profit Management Train of Trainers Pilot Project regarding meetings and logistics
- Coordinate logistics for CAMBIO/CLI’s Non-Profit Management Train of Trainers Pilot Project (materials, food & beverage, set-up, clean-up, photo/video documentation)
- Collect CAMBIO/CLI’s Non-Profit Management participant data (attendance, registration, evaluations) and ensure data is input in the CLI’s Community Data Link system.
General Administration- Support
- Assist with communication projects as needed
- Assist with donor stewardship (coordinate mailers, data input, acknowledgements)
- Attend staff meetings
- Be an active member of a participatory work environment where trust, respect, professionalism, teamwork, open communication, and strong work ethic are highly valued;
- Attend professional development trainings and implement new knowledge to work;
- Commitment to the mission and vision of CLI
- Experience working with Latinx, immigrant, and farmworker communities
- Experience working in community-based non-profits serving communities of color
- Bilingual/Bicultural Spanish – English
- Knowledge of different computer programs such as word, excel, and powerpoint
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to collaborate with diverse populations
- Current driver license and ability to travel
To apply for the position:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Deadline to apply:
* Position will be open until filled, but looking to hire in April of 2019